Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Of waffles and pancakes and where they all end up

I doubt they will remember individual pancakes
Last week was applesauce
We've had
Blueberry funfetti
Lemon poppy-seed
Lemon-ricotta
Carrot cake
Cinnamon bun
Oatmeal cookie
Spiced buttermilk banana
Maple walnut and flaxseed
Banana, raisin, and oatmeal
Johnny cakes
Peanut butter
Parsnip
Eggnog
Cinnamon-peach cottage cheese
Gingerbread
Old fashioned potato
Sweet potato
And even
Golden
And
There will be more to come
Even though
All they will remember is
That we ate pancakes
Almost every week
I suppose that's why
Sometimes
When I really think about it
I almost understand the folks who spend their money and time trying to stop other people from getting married
But not today
Today
I made
Gluten free coconut
Waffles

No comments: