Monday, July 02, 2012

Thank You Amanda


Dad
Happy Fathers Day!
Thank you for always being Supportive of me and encouraging  me!
I hope you enjoy These Stories J
I love you!

This is exactly what Amanda wrote in the inside cover of
What is now my copy of
Chicken Soup for the Father’s Soul
Exactly
Right down to the odd capitalization and left out apostrophe and

It was still there when I picked it off the bookshelf
Where her dad left it after selling his house to my dad and
Mom and

It was still there when I took it home
After a long weekend of moving boxes
With my dad and
Mom and

I can’t help but feeling that
It was all a slow developing plan to get me to cry
Repeatedly
Mostly while sitting on the toilet

But some people give their matchbox cars to their kids to play and
Some give a few
Buy a lot and
Keep the best old ones wrapped in kleenex in a box in the closet

Which is why Amanda’s copy of
Chicken Soup for the Father’s Soul
Won’t ever make it to your nookshelf and
Why I’ll keep getting misty eyed
Sitting on the toilet

It’s all your fault
Thank You Amanda!

No comments: