Monday, December 06, 2010

married with children

Sometimes you still feel soft
Light
Comfortable against me
Not as often as five or six years ago
To be sure
Who has time to be soft
Light or
Comfortable anymore
We don’t
We don’t seem to know how to make it either
Yet those soft and comfortable moments
Still happen and
I still love them
I love being reminded that it is possible to add and
Yet subtract
To feel lighter when you lean against me and
I lean against you
I lean on you all the time and
You lean on me but
I don’t often feel lighter
I feel more like part of a suspension bridge or
The steel skeleton of a skyscraper
Than a pile of pillows or
A pit full of bright colored plastic balls and
Yet I still find myself
Occasionally
Piled in with you
With no particular river to cross or
Weight to support
I need to find myself there more often
I need to find my way there more often
Because
You still feel soft, light, and comfortable to me

No comments: