Monday, March 21, 2011

I've started drinking tea

I've started drinking tea
Coffee is still a step too far
I wear a compression stocking now and
Weed of my own volition and
Mulch and
Plant trees
My Grandfather planted trees and
I thought he was silly but
I cut coupons now and
I even know when it is time to cut off an activity
So that we can eat or
Bathe or
Go to bed or
So that I can mete out discipline
I have a serious voice now
So I can do the discipline thing
I even like to lie still for a moment or two and
Worry about credit card balances and leaky roofs
I know the end is probably upon me but
I’m not getting out the white sneakers and
Wearing them with everything
Just yet
So you can keep the lattes and mochas and whatever
I don’t even want coffee ice cream
It’s still just a little too much
A little too far

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh, you are funny! I do love this blog!