Monday, November 18, 2013

Colder Temperatures

The weather finally seems to be turning cold
For more than a few days
Which with a little more than a week to go to Thanksgiving
Should be remarkable and
Wonderful
Especially for me
Who has been planning our next move
Since right after we signed the mortgage papers and
Is always planning the next vacation
From the beach and
Has a garage and
House
Filled with
Boots
Gloves
Coats
Hats
Sleds and
Kids
But
I still remember
An afternoon of dodge ball
At a friend’s house
That I drove to and
I still remember
Feeling
As I always did
That the last game of dodge ball
Was just as much fun as the first game
Which was how I felt
Pulling my son around the block in his wagon
Rather than watching him ride his bike and
Sporting short sleeves
Rather than my fleece
Which is hanging in my closet
More ready than I am
For colder weather and
Tomorrow morning

No comments: