Saturday, January 08, 2011

Deja Vu

I almost feel like I’m back in college
The house is often a mess and
Always loud
The daily schedule certainly isn’t 9 to 5 and
Frequently I can be caught
Engaged in activities
That are something
Less than
Mature
The microwave gets almost as much as the stove
There is a guy here
Who charges into walls
Chugs his drinks and
Communicates mainly with grunts and
Monosyllabic exclamations
Delivered in slurred speech and
Has been known to run around naked with an older woman
While it is true that the alchohol doesn’t exactly
Flow like water around here
I have been puking more often than
I thought adults were supposed to puke
If I opened a book with more than one hundred words or
Felt a sense of mystery that didn’t involve
Feeling someone’s forehead or
Smelling their rear
I would be having that dream
Where I am late for a final exam
That I haven’t studied for at all
In a class
That I have barely attended
Wearing my underwear and
Almost nothing else

No comments: